RSI Scholarship Program
Since 1989, the Railway Supply Institute has awarded scholarships to to full time students whose parents work throughout the rail supply community. Over 120 students have received the RSI Scholarship which has contributed to their education in a variety of degrees such as nursing, teaching, engineering, business, and transportation specialists.
The RSI scholarship is competitive and based on the applicant’s academic achievement, community / school involvement, and essay response. A minimum of five scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each is given to scholarship recipients.
Applicants must be the child or dependent of a current employee whose company is a member of the Railway Supply Institute or one of the Coordinated Mechanical Associations (CMA).
2014/2015 Scholarship Recipients
In July 2014, the RSI Scholarship Committee selected seven students to receive scholarships for the 2014/2015 academic year. Five students will receive $5,000 and two students will receive $3,500 in scholarship funds. The scholarship recipients, their colleges, field of study and company affiliations are:
- Laura Berg, Minnesota State University, anthropology, linguistics minor, Loram Maintenance of Way;
- Karen Barajas, Universidad Autonoma, law, The Greenbrier Companies;
- Emily Chudzik, Gilbertsville, Milliken University, English/writing, Wabtec Corporation;
- Alex Crowe, Indiana University, finance and economic consulting, Sims Professional Engineers;
- David Muolo, Metropolitan Community College, BSBA in computer information systems, The Greenbrier Companies;
- Alexander Sprenger, University of Minnesota, finance and international business, Wabtec Corporation;
- Melanie Standish, Illinois Institute of Technology, psychology, Electro-Motive Diesel.
Scholarship Application & Requirements
The fall 2014/ spring 2015 RSI scholarship has already been awarded. Our fall 2015/spring 2016 scholarship program will open again in January 2014. application is now available.
- View Fall 2014 / Spring 2015 RSI Scholarship Application & Requirements (Note: For reference only, this scholarship has already been awarded.)
Please contact Amanda Patrick by email or phone, (202) 347-4664, with questions or if you’d like to contribute financially to the program.